Monday, March 24, 2014

Melissa Mayberry, "Mellifica" (books 1 & 2)

Book #1: "Mellifica: Devastating First Love"


While reading "Mellifica: Devastating First Love", I had to keep reminding myself that Mel (Melissa/Mellifica) is only 16 years old.

That age is difficult enough... But to read what Mel went through, was so emotional.  So much for such a young age.

At times it was easy to get frustrated with her (and other characters) while reading; but the more you read, and the more complex things get, the more you get sucked in... and you'll find that you might question things in the same manner that Mel does.

She has so much pressure in her life, and I found myself really hoping for her to find happiness.

I'm not going to give spoilers ;) 

I do recommend this book. 
Rating 4/5 stars. 
I'm going on to read book #2 in the series now ("Mellifica: Wait For Me").
 
 
Book #2: "Mellifica: Wait For Me"
After reading book #1 (Mellifica: Devastating First Love), I needed more of Mel's story, so I dived right into this, book #2, "Mellifica: Wait For Me".

*Note: I do my reviews without spoilers, so that anyone who hasn't read the story yet can enjoy experiencing it firsthand once they read it ;)

Once again, Mel is put through a lot of emotionally charged events. We're reacquainted with most of the same characters whom we were introduced to in book #1.

I've read a lot of books, and I have to say that these stories touched my heart. For someone who's only 16 years old, Mel goes through so much angst. I was literally brought to tears on more than one occasion while reading this. (But, that's not a bad thing, in my opinion... it proves what a great writer Melissa Mayberry is).

If you haven't read these yet, I recommend this series. Be prepared to be emotionally affected though (and yes, sometimes frustrated with some of the choices made by the characters).

I guarantee you'll get sucked in to their story <3
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment